Our Sweet Baby Boy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Who wants rice?

Cooper had his first taste of baby rice last night (organic of course! lol). He really seemd to like it. Of course, he didn't know how the whole spoon thing worked, but he did very well. I pretty much had to pour the rice in his mouth while he was crying. But when he got a taste of it he was sooo into it, smacking his mouth and swallowing all the rice... Hardly made a mess at all. There was no thrust reflex with him pushing the spoon out. 

It was so cute because he's used to the bottle or boob where it's a conitnuous flow of food, and with the spoon he wasn't getting that. So between spoonfuls he was screaming, wanting more! LOL It was so cute. 

I was hoping the rice would help sleep longer, but it didn't really... Altho he did sleep better, no grunting every 5 minutes (he's my lil grunter lol). He slept from 11 till 4 and then from 515 until 6, 615 until almost 1030!!! I'm very well rested today! LOL I actually woke up at 930 wanting to get up but since he was sleeping on my hip I layed in bed until he woke up. 

When he gets up at 6 I usually bring him into bed with me and feed him until he falls asleep... He usually grunts every couple of minutes which means I have to put the paci back in, rock him, and shhhh him back to sleep (about 5 seconds). It's just easier to do when he's in bed with me. 

So after he had his bottle at 6ish I put him over my hip (I was laying on my side) and burped him, we ended up falling asleep that way! LOL... He loves sleeping on his tummy. He kinda slid off my hip and onto the body pillow I always curl up with. I wish Paul would have been home to take a picture because it was so cute to see him lay there half way on the pillow and half way on my hip on his tummy. We were verrrry comfy! 

I gotta go, it's almost time to get ready to go to the Chiropractor. Just wanted to do an update about his first feeding!!! 

xoxoxo 

Amanda and Cooper

0 comments:

Layout