Our Sweet Baby Boy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

One month ago today...

One month ago today we were in the hospital holding our beautiful newborn baby!!! Today he is a bouncing baby boy, weighing over 7 lbs!!! Wow!! Things change so fast, I can't believe it's already been a month, but at the same time it seems like life has been this way forever, like I have had this gorgeous baby boy in my arms my whole life... I guess in a way I have, he has been in my heart my whole life!

In one month he has gone from 5 lbs to over 7. He has started latching on a little better, not every feeding, but much better then he was. He is sleeping in his room all by himself, like a big boy! lol. He is holding his head up so well and starting to really grasp things and hold on to them. He has gotten used to his diaper changes, but he still doesn't like his clothes being changed! lol. He went for his first walk yesterday.

We think he had his first social smile yesterday! It was amazing. Paul has 70's music on andShake Your Groove Thing by Peaches and Herb was on. Paul had Coops arms and was "dancing" with him and we were both singing and he made this huge smile!!! He hasn't done it since, but that's the biggest smile we've seen!! It was definitely different from his "gassy" smiles!!! So exciting!!! I can't wait to hear his laugh, I think a babies laugh is the most amazing sound in the world, and I can't wait to hear my babies laugh!!!

Paul went back to work today. I was pretty nervous about this at first, but so far it's going great. Cooper went to bed at 9 last night and slept until 2. We went back to bed at 3ish and he got up at 430 (this was a new one! lol) and didn't go back to sleep till after 6, but then slept until 9! I was happy to sleep in until 9! Right now he's napping in his boppy, but he'll be ready for a bottle within 30 minutes most likely, which means I need to go wash bottles!!! Fun times!

I love my lil man more and more everyday!!!

0 comments:

Layout