Our Sweet Baby Boy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Saturday, April 5, 2008

And he sleeps....

Cooper slept 7 hours on Thursday night!!! I'm sure it was a total fluke, but it was great to get 7 straight hours of sleep. I had so much energy yesterday and felt great! Of course when I woke up after not pumping or nursing for 7 hours, I was totally engorged!!! But I pumped (got over 7 ounces) and the engorgement went away. 

Did you know we had kitchen counters? Counter tops that aren't cluttered with papers, bills, baby stuff, pet stuff, etc. etc. etc.!!! It's great to see sparkling counter tops again! Haven't seen them since March 9th! lol 

Last night Cooper slept from midnight until 230 and 330 until 730. So that wasn't too bad, 7 hours, just broken up a little. 

I weighed Cooper the other day and he weighs a little over 7 pounds!!! He's a growin boy. Of course I don't know how accurate this is because it wasn't on a baby scale, we used out bathroom scale. I weighed myself without Cooper, and then weighed myself with Cooper and it went up 7 pounds. We have a pediatrician appointment on April 21 so we'll find out exactly how big he is then. 

Cooper has been holding his head up since he was a couple of hours old, but now he's starting to get better control of it. Now when he lifts his head it doesn't flop back down or to the side. He can hold his head up and look at you, or look around the room. It's amazing. 

He's getting much better at tummy time as well, still doesn't like it very much, but he's getting better. 

We went to Barnes and Noble yesterday and got a couple books. One is on baby signing... we are totally going to do this with Cooper. The benefits are amazing - higher IQ, speaking sooner and with a larger vocabulary, speaking complex sentences soonger, less frustration in the "terrible twos" because they can communicate much better what they want/need, etc. It's great! So we're totally going to do it! 

The other book is about teaching your baby to read! Yep, you read that right! So we're going to give that a go as well. Can't wait to see if it works! 

Right now Coopy is laying in his boppy, looking worried just like his daddy usually does. He takes after Paul so much, he is such a worrier! He has that wrinkled forehead, eyebrows furrowed, shoulders tight and raised... Just like Paul does when he's worried. Lol... Like father, like son! 

We are going to Old Navy today to get me some clothes. I've come to the conclusion that these last 10 pounds aren't just going to fall off in the middle of the night, and I only have 1 pair of comfy pants that still fit, and only a couple shirts... My boobs are bigger then they were before pregnancy, so my large shirts are really tight, which makes it hard for nursing or pumping. So we're going clothes shopping today. Plus I've also heard that my preprego clothes may never fit me again because my hips are wider after giving birth... So time for a new wardrobe!!! Woo hoo!! I don't know whether to be excited about the shopping trip or not! On one hand I'm getting new clothes and can spend money (a favorite past time LOL), but on the other hand I have to try on clothes, which means I will find out what size I really am... Can't hide in my sweats and maternity jeans forever!!! Yikes!

Mom was supposed to leave today but she had to leave on Tuesday. Andy had a heart attack on Sunday night and Tuesday was the earliest flight we could get for her. Andy is doing well from what I understand and should be at home actually. So since Mom left early, Paul took Friday off. He also has Monday and Tuesday off. So that gives us a nice, long 5 day weekend to spend as a family. And it's supposed to be a nice weekend... it's the 60's I believe!!! 

We can't wait for Spring weather. Can't wait to take Cooper for a walk through the neighborhood. Can't wait to take Cooper to the park and walk the trails. Can't wait to just sit outside and enjoy the sunshine. 

Paul just sat Cooper up in his Boppy. I took pictures and will post them in a minute...it's so cute. 

Well, it's Coopers bath time and then off to Old Navy for some serious retail therapy!!!

I hope everyone is doing well!!! 

Love, 

Amanda, Paul, and Coopy!!!

0 comments:

Layout