Our Sweet Baby Boy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mommy is home!!!

Last weekend I traveld to Ann Arbor for my doula training. It was the first time I was away from Cooper for more then 6 hours. I left Friday morning at 10:30 and got hom Sunday night at 7:30. 57 hours without my baby!!!! It was so hard on me. Being in class wasn't that bad because I was busy but when class was over and I was in the hotel room by myself, well that was torture! I wanted so bad to hold, kiss, touch, tickle, laugh with, toss in the hair, tossle his hair, chase, etc my beautiful baby boy and I couldn't. But I managed to make it through the weekend and Paul said that Cooper did okay too. Everytime they would come down the stairs Cooper would see the family protait and point to my picture. (Talk about a tear jerker when he told me that!)


When I got home Sunday Paul and Cooper were just getting back from Kroger. I literally pulled into the driveway right behind them. Paul got out of his car and gave me a hug and then I went to Coopers door and opened it. At frist he just looked at me and then it hit him that I was. The look on his face, the smile, the laughs, the screech!! Absolutely amazing. I couldn't get him out of the car seat fast enough. Cooper and I sat on the couch for about 40 minutes just snuggling after I got home. It was so perfect.

It might be silly but I was so worried about him forgetting about me, or even worse - not caring that I was home again. I was so happy to see that he cared and loved me just as much as he did when I left Friday morning!

I really enjoyed the doula training. I will say that I didn't learn a lot though. It seemed like I knew everything she said. I mostly learned more about the business aspects of it (tax exemptions, tax forms, contracts, etc.) then I did about the actual doula process. I even said a couple things that instructor didn't know!! I think the reason I knew so much is because this has been my passion since I had Cooper. I have read SO many books, articles, magazines on birth and am so deeply involved in BirthNetwork National. But the training course was required for my DONA certification. And all in all I'm glad I went.

I have to go back to Ann Arbor on Monday night. Fortunately this won't be an overnight stay. I have Doulas Care Orientation from 6:30-9:30 on Monday night. I am actually very excited about this. Doulas Care is a non profit organization that matches volunteer doulas up with clients that can't afford a doula. It's a great way to get your DONA certification (since you need three births to be certified) and I also plan to continue to do at least 2 volunteer births a year. I only plan to do about 5 -10 births a year for a while since I have Cooper and we will be planning to have more kids in the (hopefully near) future.

I'll leave you with a cutie pic of Coop!

0 comments:

Layout