Our Sweet Baby Boy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Monday, October 27, 2008

Cold's are no fun!

My baby has his fist cold... really his first illness! I think that's pretty damn good considering he's 7.5 months old!

Last night at 11 he woke up and we were up for an hour because his diaper leaked. Then at 1 a.m. he woke up crying because he couldn't breath, his nose was stopped up. He still doesn't have the hang of breathing through his mouth so he was very distressed. We were up until almost 2:30 a.m. He does not like his nose to be sucked and screams for that, which is turn makes me feel horrible! He finally fell back asleep around 2:30a.m. He slept until 5:40 and was up until almost 7:15 then slept until 8:15.

He hasn't been eating much because he's not feeling well. I'm not too worried about that though, he'll eat when he's hungry. It's not like he's lacking anything, my breastmilk has everything he needs, even if he's only getting small quantities for a few hours. I do manage to get him to eat an ounce every hour or so.

He also hasn't napped much today. He napped about 15-20 minutes in the car on the way to Vada's bday party and then 15-20 minutes on the way home. I had him carried in with him sound asleep and then the dog barked! ARG! So he woke up. I'm thinking I'll lay down on the couch with him and let him sleep on me for a couple of hours. Hopefully he'll nap on me.

He's had a runny nose all day today. And he HATES having his nose wiped! Poor guy!

I hope he feels better soon, this is no fun for anyone!

0 comments:

Layout