Our Sweet Baby Boy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

No Pooper Cooper

Cooper hasn't poop since Saturday. I was starting to get a little worried, but from everything I have read (online and in books) it is normal for a breastfed baby to go a few days between poops so I'm really trying not to freak out!

Here's what one site says :
Stool frequency depends on how much stool your baby makes and how quickly the intestine moves it down the pike. The amount of stool is dependent upon two variables–how well your baby’s intestine absorbs food and how many bacteria live in the gut. Since a baby’s ability to absorb food changes over time, the amount of residue left over also changes. Typically there is more residue to stool out in the first few weeks of life. Then, as your baby’s intestine matures, absorption improves and the amount of residue decreases. Thus, babies who used to poop several times a day may slow production down to once every couple days.

That makes sense and is keeping me from calling Dr. ShayaLOL We're going to the ped. tomorrow for a check up anyways and I'll ask then. He doesn't seem to be in any pain or discomfort, he's still very gassy and eating like crazy... In fact he's eating more.

I told Dr. Ed (chiropractor) that he hadn't pooped in a couple days and he did a little belly massaging and such to try to get things moving, but nothing so far... Which makes me think he's not constipated. It's just concerning to see him go from pooping 2-3 times a day to not pooping for 3 days.

On the pooping front, we received our cloth diaper yesterday in the mail. I washed it and gave it a try today. I am totally shocked at how absorbent it is!! He had it on for a couple of hours and when we took it off the insert was sopping wet, but he was dry as a bone!!! It was a little bulky, but kinda cute and helped him fit into his 0/3 month clothes better. Good thing I washed his 0/3 month summer wardrobe today! LOL I definitely have to get pictures and post them... He's such a cutie.

Moving on -

Last night was a rough night, he was just so tired and crabby but wouldn't fall asleep. He didn't really nap during the day yesterday and when he did fall asleep 30 minutes later I had to wake him up because he had to go to the mall to return some clothes and then thechiro. After the chiro we came home for about 30 minutes and then we went to the midwife meeting between 6-9 (I was so excited because Jenny (doula) was there; I hadn't realized how much I miss her!). He cat napped a little at the meeting, but only for atotally of 30 minutes.

So he was sooo tired, but when it came time for bed he refused to sleep without being held. I held him in the glider in the nursery and he would fall asleep but as soon as I put him in the crib he would start SCREAMING, not crying, but screaming like someone was hurting him. So of course I'd pick him back up... we did this for about an hour and a half before I finally just took him to bed with me at 1. He slept on my chest for two hours and when I tried to put him in the bassinet in our room at 3 he started screaming again so back into bed with us he went. I put him between Paul and I and he slept until 6. We were up for an hour and then back in bed we went, both in our bed lol...

I woke up at 11 and got him up, I want to make sure he sleeps tonight. He's been napping off and on all day today, and has been in his crib now for about an hour. I'm going to get him up a little after 11 (after I pump) and feed him and back to bed... Hopefully LOL.

We went for a walk this afternoon, it was such a gorgeous day and Cooper loves going for walks.

I forgot to mention, Cooper latched on last night for about 10 minutes without the shield and then again earlier tonight without the shield!!! We're getting there.

I can't wait for the stimulus check to get here so I can do all the baby shopping and order the cloth diapers!! I love the diaper, it's great. Of course we want to do a night time test before we order the whole system. I've figured we can most likely get by with just 12 diapers because he seems to only got through an average of 7 diapers a day. If we need more then 12 then we'll just order more. Actually we'll have 13 diapers - the one we already have and then the 12 pack. I'm just so excited, who'd have thought that I'd be excited about diapers LOL...

Well I'm gonna get off here. I'm watching DWTS on DVR (last weeks eppys). Have a good night everyone!!

xoxoxo

Amanda

0 comments:

Layout