Our Sweet Baby Boy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Just an update...

Just posting an update on how things are going... 

I was wondering how long it would be before Cooper pooped again. Well, he pooped last Thursday after 5 days of nothing, then again on Sunday, and today. In 11 days Cooper has pooped 3 times!!! LOL I get the feeling he's going to be a once-a-week-pooper LOL. 

I went online to Luving Mamma's Diaper Store and bought some Charlies Soap. And the company is local so I was able to go pick it up today!! So I was able to wash the diapers today in detergent instead of just hot water... Fortunately they were all just pee diapers before so that was good, and he still hasn't pooped in a cloth yet. I'm not lookign foward to when he does either... I hope he doesn't poop in them until after we get the diaper sprayer in June LOL. (When our stimulus check comes). 

So far I'm thinking we will either get the BabyKanga or Wahmie diaper. Haven't decided which on yet. 

Pros for the BabyKanga:
- It has a zippered pouch in the front to put the insert in. This way the insert doesn't slide out the back and because it's in the front you don't have to worry about getting pee or poop on your hands. 
- It's not as bulky as the BG One Size. 
- Has snaps instead of velcro so the velcro doesn't catch on the inserts in the wash (This is what the Happy Heiny does)
Cons for BabyKanga:
- A one year old may be able to figure the zippered pouch out and pull the insert out... hmmm don't want that. 
- A one year old may be able to figure out the snaps and take the whole diaper off... again don't want that! LOL 

Pros for the Wahmie: 
- The hooks. They take a little getting used to but there is no way a one year old is getting that thing off!!! LOl 
- Definitely is not as bulky as the BG One Size. 
Cons for Wahmie: 
- The pocket is inside in the back. This may not be a con though because you could just shake the insert out and still not have to get poop on your hands... 
- The hooks take a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of it... woo hoo!!! 
There may not be any cons for this diaper!!! 
    
The thing that I don't like about the Happy Heiny is the velcro. The velcro is really strong and sticks to everything in the washer. When I took it out of the washer all the inserts were stuck to it and I had to pull them apart. But it isn't as bulky as the BG One Size...

I have joined a message board for local moms. It truly is wonderful. The ladies there seem to have a sisterhood and I am so honored that they have allowed me to join in. Paul and I are going to a potluck on Sunday at one of the ladies house... Maybe we can make some friends outta this. I'm really looking foward to it; Paul not so much LOL. He's not a very social person and doesn't care to meet knew people. He said he would go for me, so that's nice of him.... We are supposed to bring a dessert, I haven't decided what to bring yet.... Hmmmm... 

I ordered some MAM UltiVent bottles online last week and they came on Monday. I love them!!! The nipples are a little fast for him, but he's actually doing okay with them. I am planning on ordering more of them tomorrow and was going to get a slower nipple, but it may not be necessary... Not sure about the nipples yet. 

Anyways, I'm outta here to watch ANTM. 

0 comments:

Layout