Our Sweet Baby Boy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

10.4lbs, 21 inches

We went to the pediatrician today and Cooper now weighs 10.4 pounds and is 21 inches long!!!! 10.4 pounds!!! He's doubled his birth weight! Amazing!! Woo hoo for breast milk... he certainly is an eater... little piggy!! But I love my little piggy!! HEHE

Dr. Shaya said not to worry about the no poop thing. He showed us a way to massage his belly to try to help it move along, but said it's normal for breastfed babies to go days without pooping. He said if we wanted to around day 6-7 of no pooping (we're on day 4 now) that we can stimulate his butt hole with a vaselined q-tip... Not to insert the q-tip, just lightly rub it on his butt hole. He also warned us that if we decide to do this to have a diaper ready to cover because it gets very messy very quickly LOL. If he hasn't pooped by Friday we'll probably give this a try... We'll see.

We are still using the BG One Size diaper but I am starting to think it's a tab bit bulky. I really like it though, just not the bulk... His newborn clothes don't fit him at all with it on, and his 0-3 months are snug.... But it's sooo cute!! I am still amazed at home absobent it is. I am letting him sleep in it tonight to give it a good 4-5 hour try.

Anyways, I found another diaper to try out. I just ordered for the Wahmie's One Size fromKelly's Closet. It should be here by Saturday hopefully so we can give it a try and it's the same price as the BG One Size.

I'm anxious to get the ball rolling on this whole cloth diaper thing, but want to make sure we buy the right kind. There's so much stuff to consider when going with cloth diapers. We knew from the start that we wanted One Size diapers, that way we don't have to order more diapers as he grows. And then we have to figure out if we need to buy inserts for the diapers. The BG One Size came with a doubler and an insert, and the Wahmies comes with an insert as well, so we don't need to buy those for now.

And then we're looking into cloth wipes, so I have to do all the research on that to find out which ones are the best... I'm thinking about the Thirsties Wipes. But have just discoveredFuzzi Buns Wonder Wipes.

And of course we have to get the Diaper Sprayer. Don't forget the wet bag as well... Kelly's Closet doesn't have the wet bag that I want... It's so hard to find a site that has all the items I want that way I'm not having to order from 3 different sites and pay for 3 diff shippings... ARG! LOL. The swim diaper is a must as well!!!

OMG There's so much stuff!!! But the price isn't that bad and the savings will be amazing... The average baby uses $2000 worth of diapers in 2 years and $800 worth of wipes in 2 years. We can get the diapers, wipes, sprayer, wet bags, etc. for around $400!!! Amazing savings if you ask me!!

Anyways, Coopers sleeping and it's almost midnight so I need to get to bed. I'm going to Babies R Us tomorrow to get the activity center, jumperoo, and bumbo sitter... Woo hoo for baby shopping!!

xoxoxo

Amanda

0 comments:

Layout