Our Sweet Baby Boy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Coop's sleeping issues

 Dizzy faint


That's how I feel about every night in our house. I know Irish just posted about Gus not wanting to go to bed... well that isn't exactly our issue. 

Coop will go to bed fairly easily. I say "fairly" because most nights he's in his crib asleep within 20 minutes... some nights it takes longer, but not usually. However!

At least FOUR times a week we (mostly me since Paul works) are up with Coop for 1-2 hours in the middle of the night. Cooper never really wakes up though. He is tossing and turning, squirming, head butting, kicking, moaning, groaning, etc. But NEVER even opens his eyes! We co-sleep about 30% of the time, but that has become impossible... I ended up with bruised ribs from him kicking me and just the other night he busted my lip with a head butt  wtf?  nervous I have braces so it is easier to bust my lip, but it hurt like hell! 

I'm grasping at straws to try to figure out what's going on with him. At first I thought it was from the puff things we started letting him eat so we stopped that over a month ago but it's still happening. I have noticed that after about an hour he will start passing gas, lots of gas. So I'm wondering if it's just intestinal gas, hence the squirming and moaning. 

He's still eating 3 times a night, I have NO problems what so ever with that. It's the being up for 1-2 hours with him. If I put him down during his squirming/moaning he starts screaming and then really does wake up and it takes even longer to get him back down. So I've resorted to either sitting in the glider with him or taking him to bed with me, that's where the bruised ribs and busted lip come in... that's how much he's squirming! 

I feel so  Huh? faint Dizzy wtf? crying Sleepy Sleepy Sleepy Sleepy

0 comments:

Layout